Thursday, October 5, 2006

Kitchen Backsplash Medallions

lian_abroad @ 2006-10-05T14: 42:00

So now my long entry will be continued!

So Friday was the meeting with the host families. After breakfast in the park we went to Citibank down in order to raise the money for the registration fee and the rent, and then it was also going on already.
... but not before we had dragged our whole, extremely heavy luggage all the way from the hotel to the university. It took not only long, it was still stressful and totally exhausting. But we have managed to live halfway to the university. There we had a nice reunion with the former grammar teacher in Tübingen, which has now taken the lead at the Centre. I had forgotten that it is indeed there. We could leave our luggage and wait a bit.

The mood among the other 15 exchange students was quite tight. Most were simply only excited because they now need to insert into a family of which they know not and they do not know if they come with their difficulties or stand in line to be stupid. However, it had a slightly worse hit which did not even see her host family really. The problem was that she got no answer to her letter. That was certainly not intentional, like the rest of us thought they were maybe too easy verpeilt to restore her, but she was not quite convinced, and the closer the time when we should be with the families, the worse their mood.
Two others are not at all with a host family, but live in dorm something similar. The same could then simply go home.

I was doing it this way a special case ... Before we were allowed to go, for we were later sorted so that we would sit in alphabetical order, if the host families were up, and everyone got an envelope again with further information to or through the host families - that is, everyone except me. Came to me just a little cryptic message that you speak to me again would need extra, and I will still wait. The first thing that occurred to me to mind, is my visa application forms and everything else I've been filled in to search again in thought for errors. What would you say to me well now that I'll sent off for something of the country? Who died?
long time I did not have to wait until Ms. Murabayashi, the family representative, came to me and told me that my host family, Matsuoka, I unfortunately can not accommodate. Shock, but right. I will not expelled from the country, but I just lost my apartment, which makes it a little better! No one died, the problem was more likely to ... well, I still do not know for sure. She said something about because of "daughter" and "wedding" ... I was surprised because even a little, for me was the relationship is not so clear. In addition, we all know usually a few days before that marriage belongs to a ne. Later I asked again, because ne wedding is indeed a happy occasion, and I wanted to maybe send ne greeting card or something, but my host mother has indicated that it was "a rather delicate matter," as she said. Whether it has the vermeitliche husband's daughter before the altar leave or how or what now actually, I still do not know. But the moment I was the abundant care because I would much rather know where I should stay for now!
But it was a good host family representative, a solution - it has spontaneously agreed to personally take me with you. So, I was so nice (and this has The situation also substantially mitigated because the woman was very sympathetic to me right) ... Also, I did not really have a choice.

The idea of host families for me was already so much unstress, my host mother now because I already knew. For that I could talk to another host mother, who is now my neighbor and has recorded one of our students. Matsumura say it is and very nice. It also takes care of me sometimes, when my own family is busy. After some discussion

are then all moved to their new host family home. Most of them live outside of Kyoto, like me, only that some further stay away. One or two lucky to stay directly in Kyoto, as I would have done really well. But Otsu where I live now, is simply great. From the platform, when I go to college, I can directly see the lake and mountains are everywhere ... Really nice! Images are also soon enough of that!
The only thing I abkann at all but is the variety of spiders, which are in the trees on the streets ... And great at that. Because every time I get paranoid ... Go easy at home do not look up, this will help ...

My host family is great. It is, in my host mother, Yasue, my host father Shigeru, and two children who live at home but no longer. The daughter, Mayo goes to Kyoto University and lives accordingly there somewhere, and the son, Akira, lives as far as I know, in Tokyo. Who also has a young son who is about six months old, so my host parents are just become grandparents.
My host mother is a professional teacher of Japanese dance. Of this I shall still can take pictures, because they are also the dance lessons, which some of us visit. About 10 people from our group participate in a cultural program, where everyone can learn a traditional art (ikebana, dance, tea ceremony, or Koto play ). At 3.12. are there any a great performance, demonstrating at all of us, wrapped in pretty kimono, that what we have learned.
My host father is currently working as a Web designer, as far as I know. But it also takes some other things to the side. Among other things he is learning 10,000 languages at once ...! He is someone who will be pleased to profound discussions about culture, art and why Bach is more profound than Mozart. Yes, these are the times when one wishes to see you at school at the Goethe poem would have been much better fit. But I consider myself totally happy with it, partly because we are of our opinions very similar and, secondly, because he gives me the feeling that my limited Japanese knowledge to be able to say much total. He also is pleased to think I always very much if his time who will listen. His wife is there for far too impatient for their own information.
I come at least with two very good deal, and I think that is the family into which I could fit best. But I hope once that Mayo comes home once, so that I sometimes see! In the photos it looks very nice anyway. That a

lives next to it directly from Tübingen is also funny, I must not always go home alone or go into town. As my host parents are actually quite busy and therefore had not actually planned to include a guest student I often do that something. On my birthday, for example, we have to Kiyomizu Temple gone and there have been a whole range of things, things you can buy from lucky charms to drink holy water.

The day I've learned a lot about the Japanese attitude towards death, at least for deceased family members. With Ms. Matsumura we are before we went to Kiyomizu temple, at first at the grave of her father. More specifically, the grave of her father's further away, where he grew up, but she has a kind of altar for him here in a temple. In the temple there are rows of cabinets with small, lockable compartments. In each cabinet is still so an altar. In the subjects is a package, and there exactly what's inside, but I know not, but probably something that she associates with her father. She makes it to the doors of the altar, is purely the little package, a small book represents the name of her father is a kind of small lectern in it and burn off some Räucherwerkähnlcihes. Then she prayed briefly, and then starts the actual visit, because then she talks to him as if he were here right now. She introduced us to him and told him what she does, and then towards the end promised to come back soon. Biscuits she had as an offering there. Linguistically interesting is that it does not tell her father is buried somewhere, but he "sleeps". It's definitely a special feeling to see something.

Also from the Uniseite ago is a lot going on. Hardly the familiarization weekend at the family home was over, went also release the preliminary discussions. We had to make two tests, both orally and in writing - for we are again, depending on the language skills in two groups - the campus we were shown, the teacher introduced to us ... Today was the last placement test, which was to decide whether we are in the East or West group (they wanted a more neutral description than "A" or "B", as they thought ... At Ner German group the names are certainly less neutral just as funny :) Anyway, I'm a Westerner:) What does that mean we all see tomorrow, because there goes the first lesson really begins. In general this will be a long day tomorrow: 9:00

teaching
12:15 Lunch break 13:00
walk through Kyoto
17:30 Dinner in a Izakaya, its kind Bar

At the dinner, my host mother as well be, she said.

begins on Saturday then on the koto lessons. In addition, there is also the beginning of the famous Otsu Matsuri (Otsu Festival) where I want to go for sure! Saturday night we go the party, and Sunday is a big parade. This will be an eventful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment