Monday, October 30, 2006

Best Rugged Digital Slr

Hieizan

Finally again I come to write an entry!

What have I so so driven about the last days? Quite a lot, we were all in Nara, have the birthday celebration of one of us so that we have made in Kyoto with a few Japanese the night, and have it still a hit again in Tübingen, at Kansai Daigaku in Osaka studied and to which we have had no contact yet. All this, however, little can be the most exciting summarized by saying: It was very funny. Above all, the departure has already helped a little that we as a group are growing together. I have the feeling to finally meet some people right, and in the evening, have some really good discussions arise.

However, the time left aside the entry today is a different, less harmonious theme: The trip to the Hieizan (比睿 山). The Hieizan is a mountain near Kyoto, in the 16-17. Century seat of a warrior monk sect was. The original temple was, as far as I know, burned eigentlcih, but up there there is the Enryuji, we wanted to visit.
problem was the task of beginning the mere fact that I have no shoes, which also would be suitable only partially, so that my ankle boots with about 4 - 5 cm heel was still the most comfortable shoes I had on offer. Then again, makes me uncomfortable clothes out of nothing, even when hiking.

at 9 clock in the morning so we wanted to yesterday at the station Shugakuin (就 学院) meet and start running from dortaus. For this I had my usual Take away up to the Kyoto drive train station, in my usual subway line change to and from the university for about 15 minutes to another station run the Demachiyanagi Station (出 町 柳).

Why am I so detailed tell? Because course from beginning to end all duly went wrong.

morning it started already. I was in a rush, but when I was out on the way, informed me my host mother that I am yet to bring down even the rubbish from my room because, if the day come the garbage disposal. Once I had the bottom out of my room, I remembered that even the top of the laundry basket is, for whom she had previously asked me yet. return high, back down in his shoes and finally out of the house. Result: less than 5 minutes later started running as I wanted.
am Then I went to the neighbor to pick up the other exchange student from Tübingen. It turned out, however, that did not want to go with ... Results: Only 3 minutes later.

So I walked a little faster to the station and wanted by the automatic inputs by, you must push through his ticket to get to the tracks - and immediately went to the doors. My card had expired the previous day. Na juhu ... So I had to buy a single card - and the train was ever going on without me.
In Kyoto, I had to buy me an extra card, I could after all, but purely to squeeze more in the next U-Bahn. Nevertheless, I came
slightly more than 5 minutes later at the University of schedule. The people with whom I wanted to meet me then, had already started walking. I can not blame them, the timing was quite been scarce. I myself had loshetzen also because I could not hope again that I take the train could still planned. So I go marching ...

... and 10 minutes later came out to our hotel. But the hotel was not in a completely different direction? My heart evil, and in fact I had actually managed to run to me in a city where the checkerboard moderate (read: idiot proof) was constructed. If I had had more time, I would have taken me a minute time for me to wonder about myself. So, however grudgingly, I rushed through the garden of the Imperial Palace, in the hope of finding there a short cut. And as expected, came at nine five of the call by the group.

why I expected the call? I remembered too well the trip to Nara, where everyone had decided after a lousy five to ten minutes, one can fulfill one of us, who was on the way and would have taken much longer, and ever proceed. "Yes, here have been waiting all desperate." I told my interlocutor that I was on the way, they say, but the other is that they should go out alone if they rumheulen too much. She said only that they're ready for, and we hung up.

Really quickly I just did not make it to the station. , While I hurried and then also taken the right path, but that was quite a long walk ... finally arrived, I rushed to the railway line to buy a ticket, and just when I was struggling with my wallet, came the second call.
"Have you been on the train?" No, I replied, but I just get the card, and then spring clean. That's what I did. Worn out by a now-half-hour forced march I sat down on one of the seats. The platoon leader had in any case much less of a hurry than I am, the train took just under about 5 minutes before he has even moved. And there's really less about what works in a stressed man in a hurry even more devastating than the sight of the person from which depends the rest of the way they walk around, bored, and still makes small talk with some nice old ladies.

The train was then quite fast on Shugakuin station. As our instructor said, the station was very small, so that you could not miss. Nevertheless, I could see far and wide, no 15-person group. After I had made sure that they hide not behind the station, I called them.
"We have continued to run before, !.? Come along after that you can see already, "Well there knows the good but me being duly bad Did I mention that I'm lost in a checkerboard-like Kyoto did Yes, though I know the city yet - the part to Shugakuin I have to do anything abundance on the day for the first time seen
Yes, I asked, is where are you because -. "! To Shugakuin" Oh -. What's that, came my reply, "This is a park there go thou. .. "I can not reflect the directions exactly, but it contained straight ahead up to map and take the small gravel road. Aaaaha.

I went straight on and came glorious 20 meters before the road was over. Had it does not mention that the Would place the signs? I looked: I was run down from the train station Shugakuin Shugakuin Street, passed the Shugakuin Hospital and also had the Shugakuin hair salon behind me. So slow to make me fear that would be "Shugakuin" are not quite as clear as I had hoped. There were also no signs that would have led to irgendnem Shugakuin Park.
I went back to the station. Let's see whether the repetition of the road would bring a new result ... No, somehow it was still the same 20 feet as before, and there was still no Shugakuin Park. But there was a narrow path. Why not run Dalang? I had no hope anyway, the rest of the group again again. But I had nothing better to do than continue searching anyway.
I asked a Japanese woman who was too busy to turn their front door, after the park instead of ne directions I got first NEN meaningful look, to me the answer that was subsequently betrayed in advance? "Shugakuin Park Den There's not. "
I told the woman that is my tale of woe. Apparently saw it with Parks generally somewhat meager, but to make sure all do, she ran to her neighbor, asked again, in turn, asked her daughter, who in turn brought a card. Together they found out then that it was near a newly planted park perhaps could be the Shugakuin Park. Since the ladies had already used 20 minutes to get to the answer, I decided to go out of gratitude, too. Not that the group would wait there for wars now too late, it was clear to me. But if I has attended here ...

On the way there, I did indeed receive a sign: "Shugakuin Imperial Residence" Oh. Park? Imperial Residence? Since I had something else now easily be presented under it! Or was my poor stressed out brain no longer been able to process the directions correctly and actually I should go here from the beginning? Anyway, I followed the group of Japanese and foreigners, which also ran thither.
they should not be there, yes I could still visit the palace alone, I thought.

War but nothing. You need ne approval from the city, reinzudürfen to there, and I had not, of course. Well, maybe they were just in there and looked around? I asked the nice officer who was much more helpful in resolving this issue than I am ...
"When the group wanted to do for the tour?" - "Hm, no idea, I do not even know if they ever wanted to come here." - "Well ... How many people are you?" - "Good question ... I do not know ... About 10?" After a few questions to his boss, for the poor officials a few times had led to race, then, that during the day no group wanted to purely German in the palace. Sure, actually, because the goal so the hike was on the Hieizan.
Well, what now? Were they perhaps go to another tourist destination? Was there something in the area? I asked the officials, who then immediately wanted to run away again. I had shooed him enough and called him back. After he had for his incompetence and inability to help me had apologized many times (good Japanese who he is), I went on.

What should I do now? My glorious knowledge of the route were as follows: The temple was on the mountain, I was down on the mountain. Between probably had to walk up for a while. Hm. But where are you well?
I hear almost the Question: Why are not you here just gone home and you have at home, or in the city, made a nice day? Well, why?

[EDIT: Thanks for the many affected, but the best part yet to come * g *]

So why have not I just put back on the train? Because I had no desire to have spent 1000 yen kanpp vain to be running an hour through Kyoto and have then spent another two hours to find, all without putting a foot on that stupid mountain! And the weather was really good, not too hot but still sunny, and I did not feel like me again at some point must be kept free for a day. No, I was up there now, whether with or without the group! Who needs ne group? I do the same alone! Buoyed by my individualistic freedom, I went the way down again, until I found a painted map. The map was not very good, but they showed some ways to the top and the odd sight to me but said nothing. If we were to go to Shugakuin, then had the probably a reason I'm here and when I would walk up the mountain, it would certainly be no problem to find this temple.

Well then. From there I had (Thanks to my ability to discover, almost all a funny side) already very good mood, and I happily marched in the direction of what I thought was north. After all, I soon came to one of the attractions, it's a small temple, which seemed to be both Buddhist and Shinto. Previously, the rule was (were religious segregation in Japan until the Meiji period, ie from 1868). This was beside myself a little. If no rumschwärmen tourists in the temples, I will immediately hesitant whether I should really clean and if I can really take pictures. Group dynamics as well have more impact than I thought. Then again, so was the Temple quiet and peaceful, that all the stress was previously forgotten in no time.
wanted to go out as I do, I asked a woman there, I would like best to Enryuji walk. She has a little surprised because it was already well according to their estimate. Well, I did but even before that, so ... She said that probably no right way there would be set up, but get there should I do if I have a piece the way back and would go right.

So I went along, and I soon came to a forest. Good sign, the whole mountain is full of forest. Thus, in the shadows to walk and all that made me mad on the day of fun, and I was looking downright, two hours go up the mountain, even though I had no hope to make the rest of the day or at some point. Did I tell at least what I thought, and continued on his way.

Unfortunately there seems to be a natural law that states that if a day as so terribly wrong, he must continue to do well until it is finally over. Maybe it's a karma thing, I do not know. What exactly was the nightmare, but you can easily explain: Spiders.

The ordinary Japanese spider that you see hanging out here like this (and indeed everywhere ), is about as big as my thumb - but without legs. In the forest you can of course like this , Assume that there's more critters crawling around than they do in civilized places already. But I, in my idealistic folly, habs are not, of course, until I almost head forward in the first network to go in there. After that first there was nothing with "great migration", and I had to recover first again. At the time I was already half an hour on the way, so I did not want to turn back. Because of a spider and certainly not ... And yet, my paranoia was awakened with the result that I am three times more run so careful. The absolute worst thing I can think of is that by so I run a network or with the hair hanging in there to stay, and then as one of those huge, often black-yellow striped monsters have to sit on my hair and not get rid of, and the further I went, the more I realized how stupid that was full of networks of forest - and how close I brought these steep, narrow dirt roads in the bushes.

end of the story? I am not, as feared, started up two and a half hours to the mountain in high heels - I'm him two and a half hours of high running . Yes, all the time without making a break that would have lasted longer than a minute. Now you can watch either with laughter at my stupid paranoia roll on the floor or admire my newfound endurance madness. I myself was too busy at the time, from evil Spiders run away. The snakes that appear suddenly in front of me, brought me here somehow not at all from the concept. From

for peaceful walk. And all that I want someday in the future of what "one with nature" and tell such alternative stuff can sit in their hole in the ground level, I set voluntary not set foot in the forest.

after a while I came to a post that served as a signpost and a small card was on top. Inwardly, I rejoiced, because I finally knew where I was ... Except that the temple was not really recorded. Hm There was a Eizan cable railway, the railway station in the north was. Well, that could not be bad and perhaps there was indeed a train that went to the temple because of the hike I had long enough.
Would have been aware that I had at the time just a third of my line behind me, I would have think about it again. So I marched ahead with renewed courage.

My newfound courage was holding just 10 minutes, showed up to the next great power, and the running around started again. Inside I was tormented by questions such as: Why did everything in the world I stupid on this mountain? I hate walks, and alone anyway! As long as the station is still off? It can not be far. That was really my mantra when mountaineering. It can not not be far. Logically, yes it could not, because at some point of the mountain heard dependent on time.
However, it should take three posts until I could finally make up the station. Beaten two and a half hours had passed, and in time I've actually seen more spiders than I see for the remaining lifetime. Although I was exhausted too, but my relief to finally be away from all this spinning was far greater. If these creatures have not, I would have considered myself to actually run one more hour to the temple proper, but nothing in this world I would have driven new items there. So I was grateful enough with this cable car again to drive the direction of a real station.

I found the bottom, turn a large overview map, which I could see from where I was actually long gone.
My way I seemed to have really led steeply to the north, but - I had not even able to smell - I would have gemusst a long way east to get to the temple. To the east. Had I continued to run up, I had come to nem Flowers Museum. So I was totally wrong.
It made it even better that I found out that the cable car to the temple ended back at my home station Hieizan-Sakamoto. If I had made it to the temple (although I did not know how that would have to go), I could go home directly. So I had to Yase, where I had arrived with the cable car back to Demachiyanagi, from there some way to Kyoto and then to Hieizan-Sakamoto.
All I would, however, can not be indifferent. I was happy to have made it out of the forest, not a beast that had sat on me. Who would have guessed

also can see that this mountain is so big?

I traveled to Kyoto and, exhausted as I was, I allowed myself to self-reward is a game for the DS (which I was able to buy thanks to the student loan repayment) and an iced coffee in my favorite coffee shop here. After all, I could buy the same new monthly pass, so that was then also done the same.

After all, my teacher was held today all the action incredibly funny. As I said, now I have at least what to say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment